Creative Writing 1 (ENGL 2307)
A course designed to introduce the student to the forms, strategies, and techniques involved in creative writing. The student may be given a series of directed assignments, which may be critiqued in class.
Students in Creative Writing are introduced to the techniques of poetry and narrative and non-narrative prose, and they learn to explore their own potential through experimentation with new devices, forms and styles of writing. The course features ample reading in each genre, presentations by notable literary figures, and focused discussions of the creative process. Students examine published works and use their conversations as grounding for the peer critiques that gradually form the workshop nucleus of the class.
- ENGL 2307 Spring 2011 (64216) Syllabus
- ENGL 2307 Fall 2011 (54677) Syllabus
- ENGL 2307 Spring 2012 (79079) Syllabus
- ENGL 2307 Fall 2012 (23864) Syllabus
- ENGL 2307 Spring 2013 (32225) Syllabus
- ENGL 2307 Fall 2013 (62462) Syllabus
- ENGL 2307 Spring 2014 (77238) Syllabus
- ENGL 2307 Fall 2014 (28445) Syllabus
- ENGL 2307 Spring 2015 (43131) Syllabus
- ENGL 2307 Fall 2015 (73368) Syllabus