Name: Audrey Crawford
Work Address: Central College, 1300 Holman, Houston, TX 77004
Office Telephone Number: Social Science Department, 713-718-6063
College Email Address: [email protected]
· Adjunct Instructor, U.S. History, Houston Community College, Central Campus, Fall 2003 - Present
· Seminar Presenter for Teaching American History Project (PATH): Summer 2004 and 2002
For this training seminar for Houston high school teachers, I guided a city bus tour of sites relating to African American and womens history, based on my own research in Houston history.
· Instructor, Continuing Education Women's Studies Course, 1994-1995
For a short continuing education course, I designed and presented a lecture series in various venues in Houston, including Houston Leisure Learning and Houston Community College Continuing Education.
· Guest Editor, The Houston Review of History and Culture, Vol. 1, No. 1 (Fall 2003).
· "'To protect, to feed, and to give momentum to every effort': African American Clubwomen in Houston, 1880-1910," The Houston Review of History and Culture, 1, no. 1 (Fall 2003).
· Book Review, "Black and White Sat Down Together: The Reminiscences of an NAACP Founder, by Mary White Ovington," in dialogue, Center for the Healing of Racism 3, no. 1 (January/February 1996).
· "'Handing the Power-Glasses Back and Forth': Women and Technology in the Poems of Adrienne Rich," NWSA Journal 7, no. 3 (Fall 1995): 35-53.
· Book Review, Discarded Legacy: Politics and Poetics in the Life of Frances E. W. Harper, 1825-1911, by Melba J. Boyd, in dialogue, Center for the Healing of Racism 2, no. 4 (November/December 1995).
· Editor, Encodings: A Feminist Literary Journal, 1989-1991
Professional, Technical, and Work-related Experience
· Faculty Mentor, HCCS Central College Curriculum Innovation Center
· Systems Analyst, Shell Information Technology International, Houston, TX