Adding Resources to a Subject Area
Many disciplines and programs have additional resources such as study guides, useful links, work examples, or other digital content that can be shared online. The Learning Web provides a place for this type of content under Subject Areas as described in this module.
You will need both a Learning Web account and a manager account role for the Subject Area. See Requesting Access to Manage a Subject Area for more information.
Step by Step
- Log in to the Learning Web using your faculty login name and password.
- Navigate to your Subject Area. You should see the gray edit bar above the title, indicating that you are logged in to the site and have editing rights.
- Click on "Add item..." in the edit bar and choose a folder type from the drop down menu (if you plan to use the folder to contain a variety of resource types, choose Folder).
- Complete the edit form and save when you are finished.
- Returning to the main page of the Subject Area, you should see a link to your content under the "Additional Resources" heading.
- You can now use the new folder to create or upload your actual resources (Note: Refer back to the main Learning Web tutorial for more information about content types).